Thursday, May 11, 2006

Silent Hill

My husband is making me relax, because I've been working hard (which I often do) with my classes, Second Life, and Blogging. Last night he took me to the movies and even though I don't like scary movies we watched Silent Hill.

Silent Hill is based on a video game. I had heard it was the one video game movie that wasn’t horrible. I heard correctly. Now I have to admit that I didn't play the game, but while I was watching the movie, I couldn't help but wonder how the game played. The entire movie was comparable to the new Japanese horror films that are more psychological than scary. I would recommend this movie to Horror movie and video game fans. I thought it was a good movie, even though it was in the horror genre.

2 comments:

Beth Gallaway said...

Your husband made you take a break from all things video game... by taking you to a movie BASED on a game?! *lol*

Sith Librarian said...

Silent Hill is a really great game franchise! Unlike most other 3rd person horror games, pretty much everything int he game environment relates to a story that is not spoon fed to you, requiring the gamer to come up with an explination of what happens.

If you do play the games, it's a good idea to start with the first game (to see how it all started) but since the sequels (except for SH3) don't necessarily run together, I highly suggest making Silent Hill 2 a priority. The second one really is a beautiful game. :)