Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year to Me

We gave up on the Xbox 360, which we paid $400 for in September (plus two $5 deposits on games). The idea of being out 400 bucks with nothing to show for it and no delivery date in sight made us itchy, so tonight we got store credit at Gamestop and walked out with a Nintendo Gamecube, extra controller and 2 memory cards, along with a bunch of new & used games:
  • Double Dash (Gamecube)
  • Mario Golf (Gamecube)
  • F-Zero GX (Gamecube)
  • Eternal Darkness (Gamecube)
  • Namco Museum- pacman! (PS2)
  • Metroid 2 (Xbox)
  • Burnout Revenge (Xbox)
  • DDR Ultramix 3 (Xbox)
  • Karaoke Revolution (Xbox)
  • Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Xbox)
Then we had to come home and reroute all the cords for all the consoles and clean off the media center and find a spot for all the games. Guess what I'm doing Monday! What should I try first?

3 comments:

Chris Deweese said...

My wife and I picked up a Gamecube for Xmas. I couldnt resist after playing Mario Kart: Double Dash at the Symposium!

Anali said...

The 360 release is one of the stupidest marketing moves. It's ridiculous that preorders are so backed up. I wasn't planning to pick one up for a year, but my husband ran into one at Walmart. It was the last one, so he couldn't resist. Our only game purchase - Dead or Alive 4. It's super sweet!

Beth Gallaway said...

Oooh, lucky! That's great, Anali. A Wal*Mart I went to last night had the version without the hard disc - 7 in stock. It's kinda the principle of the thing now. I'm mighty annoyed that people who didn't preorder are getting them, and people who paid in advance, aren't. It's a crappy system, IMHO. We'll probably get one eventually - and most likely, after all the bugs are worked out, which is great, really.