Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Brain Age

At the Game Developers Conference in San Jose California, many attendees were given samples of games, and my husband received an advanced copy of Brain Age.

This game turns your DS sideways, and makes your brain work to solve tricky math puzzles that range from combination math problems to those difficult mind puzzles where you say the color of the word "white" and not what is written. The first time I played the game said my mental age was 58! I'm 22 and the machine has to be wrong, . . . right? Well, I'm going to keep playing until the mental age matches my actual age; if nothing else I could play for years to make that goal easier.

This game is highly addictive, and recommended for all ages. The math section was remniscent of my childhood math drills, but at such high speed that it wasn't like a school time test at all. I would love to see this game be included in some ISTEP training.

No comments: